Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kimono Experience

o(^0^)oオッw(^○^)wハ〜♪
It's school trip day again!!
Seems I've been wearing alot of traditional Japanese clothings these days.
A few days ago I wore a yukata for the fireworks festival.
Then I got the chance to wear a proper kimono!!
Always wanted to know how it felt to be wrapped up in so many layers.
o(●´ω`●)oわくわく♪ 


To be honest it wasn't that bad.
Sure, it was hard to breathe but I've always loved traditional clothings and wished that I lived
during the ancient times where I could get dressed up properly each day.
ヽ( ̄ ̄∇ ̄ ̄)ノ ランラン♪
I was also チョオオオオ ラキ だよ!!
I was the only girl to get a proper hair makeover from the kimono sensei!!
[And I really love the flowing flowery pin she put on my hair.]
But 実話 it's because I have no idea how to pin my hair up properly.
[壁]ノ_<。)グシュ

Here's how my obi looks like!!
And no, it might look slightly ugly but it really isn't!!
All the girls got their obis tied in different styles to match the kimono.

Seriously need to re-dye my hair. (´∩`。)グスン 
   *:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:

While I was walking around my hotel in Asakusa, I chanced upon a very very traditional house.
And guess what was inside!?
It was a western restaurant!!
It had an open kitchen concept and the chefs were tossing and turning their pans and flambé-ing food.
It was pretty dark inside too.
But it was amazing and I ordered an Omurice to takeaway.
[Sorry I didn't bring my phone/camera hence no pictures.]
m(._.)m ゴメン

Pretty expensive Omurice. 1300円!! Normal shops elsewhere sell it for less than 1000円!!
There wasn't much filling inside the Omurice, only beans, mushroom, onions and some ham.
I can safely say I make a much better Omurice than this. [And I have!!]
( ̄ー ̄)ニヤリッ 

It tasted alright nonetheless. Maybe I should have ordered something else. >.<"

Inside the takeaway bag was a free gift!!
Guess what it is??

 Matchsticks!!
Pretty cool, huh??
d=====( ̄∇ ̄*)bイエーイd(* ̄∇ ̄)=====b 

Oh and I wouldn't recommend buying any form of bubble tea from any shop in Japan.
They're all tasteless and bland.
(*´Д`)=3ハァ・・・ 
Most probably because the Japanese have a phobia of getting fat.
There's like almost no sugar at all in the drink.
Bubble tea without sugar!!??
Now that's a first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment