Friday, February 1, 2013

虫チョコボランティア

みんなお久しぶり~!!
ヽ(;▽;)ノおひさっ!!

Instead of spending my time only playing around Tokyo, I decided to apply for a volunteer job~!!
I emailed the organisation and got the job immediately!!
\(*T▽T*)/ワーイ♪
Interested in what I did??

But first~
昼ご飯!!


Very cheap Singaporean food for only 880円 for the entire set~
The normal portions, even without 大盛り are humongous, about double the size of normal Japanese portions in other restaurants.
Hohoho~

The best thing is that it's located just about 20 steps away from my school.
I didn't get a chance to return to the restaurant however, as I was spoilt with choice on what to have for lunch everyday.
The food was good indeed, but I craved other types of food most of the time, like Ichiran ramen (which I will blog about later)~!!
(*´ー`) フッ

Fried Kuey Teow
Fried Vegetables with Scrambled Eggs
Vegetable Soup
Apples
And of course~ The customary Sambal~!! ^_^
After lunch I went all the way to 御徒町 to start my volunteer work.
It was really easy to find the office but it was really rather far from the station, around 10 minutes walk away.
This is rather unusual as most places I've ever wanted to go to never took me more than 7 minutes to walk from the station.

The organisation I volunteered for deals with child labour in Africa and India.
I've always been more inclined towards charities for animals and children so this was right up my street.
But the main reason I applied was because this wasn't just any normal type of volunteer work.
It involved making chocolates!!
∩(´∀`)∩ワァイ♪
And not just any chocolates!!
They're super cute Ladybug chocolates!!
わぁい ヽ(∇⌒ヽ)(ノ⌒∇)ノ わぁい♪ 

写真見ってて~

かわいいっしょう?? ^_^
なんかわんぱくな笑顔ね~ (笑)
First you wrap the chocolates in the ladybug wrapper.
Then you stick on the cardboard legs.
You then put them in pairs in a small clear plastic bag.

I almost wanted to steal some home~ >.<
Finally you clip them onto a card and stick a nutrition information sticker on the back of the card.
出来上がり~!!
すごく簡単っすよ~!!
I made around 400 of these in a day.
^_^


You can buy the chocolates on their website but its only available for delivery within Japan and costs around 1500円 if I'm not mistaken.
They might be expensive but are highly in demand.
The organisation has sold 60000 packs of these chocolates since the start of the chocolate selling campaign 2 years ago!!

 The company's staff are really kind and we have breaks in between where they serve us green tea in cute Miffy cups and of course, more chocolates~!! 
(・∀・)ニヤニヤ 



 ( ̄□ヾ) ネムー
目を開けたまま〜〜 (・_・)...zzzZZZ
I'll make a few more posts tomorrow as it's a Saturday~!!
Stay tuned~!!
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment