Saturday, July 20, 2013

USJ Elmo Cup Noodles

ドモ \(^_^ ) ( ^_^)/ ドモ
As you can guess from the title, this post is all about Elmo...
CUP NOODLES~!!

〜(T▽T〜)(〜T▽T)〜

If you haven't already figured it out, I'm a HUGE sucker for all things cute and wacky, especially when they're made into food products.
I bought the cup noodles a long time ago during my last visit to Universal Studios Japan but never had a chance to eat it until now.

(Actually, it was too cute to eat and I couldn't bear the thought of having to throw out the cup after finishing the noodles.)

Here it is~!!


The name of the cup noodle is called "Sesamen" which is a play on the words "Sesame Street"'s "Sesame" and "Men" which is Japanese for noodles.

"Sesame-n"

Get it?
(≧∇≦)ぶぁっはっはっ!!

Close up of the cover

As for the flavour...
Sesame Soy Sauce

I guess they had to fit in "Sesame" somewhere to make it sound more convincing.

160 calorie snack
And the best part of it all is that it's surprisingly low in calories!!
It is a mini cup to be fair, but it filled me up nonetheless to last through the night as I got hungry just before bed.
I don't normally snack at all, but the low calories were too much of a temptation.
(*/∇\*) キャ 

Elmo-shaped Fish Cakes included
They're staring at me!! 
It's clear that they did not stinge on the "fish cakes" like most other instant noodle brands do.
5 is a good number for such a small cup of noodles.
Elmo's nose looks more like a bird's beak, don't you think?
>.<"

 And now for the taste test!!
( ̄〜; ̄)


The Elmo fish cakes tasted like the real deal, 
very similar to the Narutos you find in normal Ramen.
Unfortunately it was too tiny in size to actually get much bite out of it.
The novelty factor obviously was the selling point.


ヾ(@⌒_⌒@)ノ ウマヒィ

I could distinctly taste the sesame flavour and the soy sauce wasn't too strong.
All in all it was a good balance of flavours.

Too bad I only have one more cup left.

Maybe I'll keep it as a souvenir instead...
(゚д゚)

No comments:

Post a Comment